- May 2020 : Our LIFEx software now has more than 3000 users. A great thank you to all LIFEx users for their feedback that helps us improve the software !
- May 2020 : The article published as part of the Image Biomarker Standardization Initiative (IBSI) to describe how radiomic features should be calculated is just out in Radiology. LIFEx provides features that are fully IBSI-compliant as demonstrated in that paper.
- April 2020 : The PANACEE project (PANomic Atlas for non-small CEll lung cancer managEment) led by Fanny Orlhac and submitted to the Janssen Horizon call regarding the role of Artificial Intelligence in neurology, psychiatry, oncology, infectious diseases and auto-immune disease has been favorably assessed by the Scientific Committee and the Administration Council of Janssen Horizon and will be funded by Janssen Horizon foundation for 3 years. The ultimate goal of that project is to improve the management of patients with lung cancer by integrating multi-omic information.
- March 2020 : Lockdown in LITO. We have set up a LITO virtual lab using Discord so that LITO lab life can go on based on virtual meetings and virtual exchanges between colleagues.
March 2020 : How to estimate the arterial input fonction that is needed for accurate quantification in rodent PET ? Our solution and associated validation are just in print in the European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
March 2020 : We are happy to have participated to the international IBSI initiative regarding the definition of radiomic features and the validation of their implementation through the distribution of test data. This work also allowed us to demonstrate that our LIFEx software complies with the IBSI standard. Please look at the corresponding publication in Radiology, which should facilitate reproducible radiomics.
- February 2020 : It is a great honor for LITO to have the opportunity to contribute to the Inserm transverse programme AGEMED that has just been renewed as AGEMED 2.0, under the leadership of Eric Gilson. LITO's role will be to investigate the potential of PET for detecting and characterizing molecular signals associated with cell and tissue aging.
January 2020: The work by Maxime Lacroix et al, regarding MR radiomics in lung cancer patients, has just been accepted for publication in Frontiers in Oncology. In this paper, we demonstrate the need for compensating for magnetic field heterogeneities and for normalizing voxel values in MR images to increase the sensitivity of radiomic features.
January 2020: Our paper demonstrating for the first time the prognostic value of a radiomic biomarker characterizing tumor dissemination in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma has just been published in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine !
December 2019: Our HOLY2020 project is one of the 6 projects that have been funded as part of the H2020 EraCoSysMed call. This is a 3-year project (2020-2023) dedicated to the development of artificial intelligence models for precision medicine in patients with early Hodgkin Lymphoma using FDG PET. Methodological developments will be performed by LITO in collaboration with the University of Vienna (Prof Alexander Haug) and San Pau hospital in Barcelona (Prof Ignasi Carrio).
December 2019: Our LIFEx software now has more than 2500 users. A great thank you to all LIFEx users for their feedback that helps us improve the software !